Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why Does The Massage Need To Be Painful

Every-time I get a massage on my back it is always so painful. It feels like all my muscles are so tight that when the massage starts I might even start to cry.

So I’m off to talk with my Egoscue therapist – the discussing touched how my upper body muscles are being overworked.

When I bend over to touch my toes I bend from the middle of my back instead of my hips (to get back up I have to use my upper body and mid back). When I sit I slouch right in that mid back area (Rounding my shoulders and my upper back is hard at work to hold me there). Driving in my car I lean my seat back because I thought it was more comfortable (my shoulders and upper back do so much work while I drive). I am starting to get the picture – for me to enjoy a massage I need to stop overworking muscles and start getting my hip-flexors to fire. Ok hips its time for some work.

Like many people I do my whole menu but during the day I am looking for just a little boost to get me working the right muscles. My boost is Supine Foot/Circles and Point Flex and of course the lovely Airbench. These two e-cise seem to stabilize my pelvis and I feel great after doing them!

Watch out massage therapists I am going to be ready to enjoy my massage very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment